Sunday, September 2, 2012

Spirituality, I and the Corporate Dilemma


Not a day goes by that we are not involved in any kind of conversation about current corporate shenanigans. The media are consumed by corporate malfeasance and dinner conversation, it becomes in the end who is the last to be investigated. While many conversations revolve around ethics and morality in business, I suggest there is another point of view - spirituality, rather, the lack of spirituality. And the current crisis is not just corporate executives, but those who train them as well there should be a focus on integrity and authenticity of both sides of the equation coaching.

The spirituality, morality or ethics.

For me, spirituality is all about. The confusion about what is happening within the company is "spirituality", not ethics or morality. Why? Morality is often linked to issues of right and wrong and, finally, is based on consensus or social traditions vary from culture to culture. At the end of the day, and morality becomes subjective judging and separating from each other.

Moreover, ethics is a code of values ​​which translates to "morality" in everyday life, that is to say, do and be. It "defines" right and wrong, how we relate to others, how we operate and how we behave in general, most often leading to judgments, win-lose, right-wrong, mind games and ego-based stuff.

Spirituality is neutral and not separation. Spirituality is immutable, so there is no debate, right-wrong, me against you, what spirituality is and is not. At the end of the day, we all know what it means to live from the place of our soul and heart. For those who come from a spiritual place, there are labels and definitions and spirituality is a way of being that is common to all mankind, does not need descriptions, definitions, etc.

So at the end of the day, the "moral" is not spiritual, and for the same reason, it is not "ethical".

The spiritual is that which allows me to be non-judgmental, and to serve as an observer, a witness and observer. The spiritual is not "mind", not "information" is not "knowledge" is not quantifiable DOs of conduct. It 's very, very well. Thus, while the "moral" and "ethicist" spends hours and hours and enormous energy "discuss" the rights and wrongs of the corporate world, in their heads, stuff intellectual, one who practices spirituality warning only, for example, "This is interesting." "Hmmm, is it?" without any moral or ethical judgment, ie, right-wrong, good and bad.

EGO and mind, who is right who is wrong

With a plot in spirituality is not engaged in endless ego-based and mind-based "talk" about morality and business ethics (read: ". I need to be right, so you're wrong" "I win the argument in how to lose '. "The labels and categories and the information is correct, so that labels and categories and the information is not correct." I, me, me - ego, mind and comparative judgmental.

Authentic spirituality is not judgmental, pure and simple. True spirituality comes from your inner self, your essence, with, integrity, honesty, sincerity and sense of responsibility that guide their thoughts and actions. Such spirituality is manifested patterns and behaviors that are common throughout life. Spirituality is the fundamental essence of human nature, a nature that is often obscured, diminished and distorted in the course of our education.

So, what often happens is that we grow less aware of our deep spiritual understanding of events, and operate more from an outside-world-driven subjective and judgmental "moral" or mentality "ethicist" on the basis of information and models mental that are stored in our brains over time. The essence of who we really are, our True Self, becomes confused as we grow, and "my ethics and morality", are then developed based on mental models, beliefs and thoughts that come from our parents, schools, churches , synagogues, television, advertising, friends, TV, etc. Reality

The disadvantage is that I come to believe that My mental models, my beliefs and assumptions and images of the world, my ethics and morals are my Truth (my Truth and the truth for everyone else as well).

He that is based on a true spiritual knowledge is not involved in this ego-based stuff.

WHY 'We support INSTEAD OF RESPECT

Because many of us identify with our ego mind, that is to say, I am what I know, I have my information, I am my mind, I have my knowledge and, of course, I'm right, you often have difficulty to accept and fun perspective to someone else. Consciously or unconsciously, it feels forced to watch another the "perspective" more as a "position", a point on a continuum, or a head of one polarity, then forcing yourself to be engaged in a "right-wrong "ego-mind, conflict, because it does not identify with their inner core or essence where there is no polarity, but with an outside personality and ego-mind that they need labels, categories, and similar right-wrong to give his (false) sense of self and identity.

Spirituality, on the other hand, surfaces as a simple testimony of another point of view and does not generate the need or desire to "fight the good fight", you are right. No egos, no drama Mental. Just read, listen, look and move forward, noting, observing, witnessing a "beginner's mind".

STATE OF SOCIAL AFFAIRS AND LESSONS

Thus, grounded in spirituality, we see and observe what is happening in today's business environment from an interesting perspective. Spirituality allows us to know and understand that when the Universe wants someone to learn a lesson, be it a person, family, team, company, and he refuses, then the Universe will provide a "slap" rather difficult as a bell alarm. For the individual, this often occurs in the form of a divorce, an accident, death, job loss, bankruptcy, etc.

For society, it can mean total disappearance. Practicing spirituality, a "spiritual observer" sees what is happening in the corporate world and rather than excoriate the CEO, CFO, etc., on the basis of ego-driven mental models and beliefs about good and bad, right wrong, poses a question largest: What is the lesson / learning here for me (no not for you, for "them", but for me)?

So a spiritual point of view can tutor the executive, and those who train the executive, in the following ways:

1. Spirituality is an innate need of human nature. And with a single focus on spirituality is healing (mental, physical, emotional, spiritual and creative). Without a focus on spirituality, we become spectators, bystanders who feel good about pointing fingers, judging others, analyzing the other, a prescription for others, but not being self-responsibility for the betterment of people. This "feel-good-type-talk" or perspective permeates the talk shows, Internet chat, water-cooled dinner conversations and meetings. We heard a lot of talk about "them". We allow little or no time for an honest assessment of "me" (as is too scary, too sensitive ...). There are a lot of people talk about the business, but few take self-responsibility "present" in integrity and being honest and sincere in our dealings with people in our office, at home, at play, right here, at this time.

2. At the macro level, in this country, to say the least, the systems are collapsing. Education, health, environment and business. No surprise. Coming from a perspective of spirituality, for me, this is how it should be. Shocked but not surprised. Why?

People never got to the micro level - as individuals infiltrated into a culture of excess, greed, toys, materialism, self-medication and the need to acquire - creating a culture of greed, corruption, dishonesty . Often, when you do not "get it" at the individual level, the Universe gives us a bigger slap in the face, on a broader level. Thus, the disappearance of larger systems - currently, the business arena.

3. It 's important to ask the question: "How am I comporting on a daily basis?" Once again, a lot of "discussion" mind stuff, the information, but how many of us "walk the talk" when it comes to acting with honesty, sincerity and sense of responsibility at work - right here and right now, in ' last hour, past day, last week?

4. And 'to ask yourself: "I'm showing and acting with honesty, sincerity and integrity, in my essence, my true self, in alignment with my inner values ​​right here, right now in my work environment?

5. The tug on the sleeves collective (corporate / business) urges us to reconsider what we value, to assess how so much of our life, our joy, fake, faux our happiness, our prosperity, our health, our identity, our self-image (which we take ourselves to be), and our ego is tied up in money, wealth, the "packaging", and the outdoors. "Because I have such an inextricable attachment to money, I can be close to ruin (mentally, physically, emotionally, spiritually and creatively) because of money and what they represent?".

6. Finally, it is crucial to ask ourselves some hard question when it comes to how many of us, hypocritically, pontificating on the state of affairs company. "I'm being a hypocrite, a 'false, fraudulent, deceitful, insincere, dishonest in my business every day" For example, consider the following situations, without judgment, and then ask: "How do I pull my sleeve I had with my integrity and authenticity? " "How am I doing in my life every day than from my essence, my spiritual side, my inner source and core values, when I relate to others?"

Consider:

Scenario 1: lunch during a busy day. And '1: 30. I go shopping and I'm late. I cut in the checkout line, pay at the register, not listening to his greeting and his dismissal, running into people on the street for parking, drive to cut someone off, run a red light and turn right at sign that says "no to 1:00 to 3:00 right "so I can return to my office and engage in a conversation about" morals and ethics "of American companies.

Scenario 2: Friday night. Out to drink with some of the team. Spend a lot of time doing the sarcastic and verbally abuse, some of the younger teammates (with what I call my "spirit" and a fine sense of humor in a "just for the hell of it" or " just kidding "context), so I can appear intelligent and witty, while criticizing some of the staff behind his back, with the excuse that I'm just blow off steam after a week of hard work, while at the same time, present my noble" moral and ethical "views on how to clean up corporate America.

Scenario 3: 6:00 am Wednesday morning. I'm in the gym with a friend and instead of working out, let forty-five minutes watching the "small" in their aerobics class and make vulgar, sexist comments interspersed in our conversation about what is "wrong" corporate America.

Scenario 4: On Tuesday evening, after dinner, watch television and some cable talk show, I "steal" through a "black box", to rest and relax while watching a program about how CEOs are stealing from their companies.

Scenario 5: Friday lunch - drive to lunch, making suggestive comments to the throat waitress myself with too much food, have a vodka too many, and the rate of return to work, endangering myself and others, so I can have a few minutes to enter the Internet and read how people are irresponsible business.

Scenario 6: Wednesday morning. I wake up late and I'm angry and take it to my spouse and children, feeling every bit a victim, and behave very mean and nasty as I think of as the CEO interviewed on TV this morning should be more "human".

The point? This is not about "them". This is me. At the end of the day, as a spiritual witness, observer, observer, I realize that if I take care of my spiritual self, and the next person does the same thing, and the other, we witness the cataclysmic events that will no longer rules the day. It all starts with hard questions and start with me, right here, right now.

Spending precious time and psychic energy in conversations on moral and ethical "they" will not.

So, for me, this is $ 10 (spiritual) question. How can I allow my soul to manifest right here, right now? How do I respect my colleague, employee, colleague, spouse, child, neighbor, stranger, right here, right now, right now, today?

What is driving my do-be-Ings and minds? My soul? Or my ego-driven self-image and limiting beliefs that are often tied to the past (causing anger, resentment, abuse, frustration, control, defense, blaming, greed, pride, jealousy, 'topic ...) or the future (fear, worry, tension, stress and anxiety)?

As of this day, so far, I have spent analyzing, judging, and criticizing the actions, thoughts, beliefs and actions of others (ie, business people, and others), than to look inward to grow my soul and manifest right action, right thought and right understanding - right here, right now?

Thus, the challenge is for me to watch, observe and witness to my car at all times, be present in the now, and pull up your sleeve, rather than playing to be judge and jury, being worried about what is happening in the business Arena (which allows me, at the end of the day, for no more than a spectator trying to believe that I make the change).

OR "I" walk the talk, or do not. This is me, not "them".

As Gandhi said: "If you want to see change, change." Organizational change and business begins with each of us, the executive and the executive and coach, - right here, right now. This is what spirituality is really, really, really everything.

(C) 2007, Peter G. Vajda, Ph.D. and SpiritHeart. All rights reserved in all media.

You may reprint this article as long as the article is printed in its entirety, including the author information....

No comments:

Post a Comment