Thursday, September 6, 2012

Does Your Sparkle brand personality? Here are six ways to make sure that Shines Bright


Who are you really?

Your brand, I mean.

What do you people think when they think the company, the service or product?

Do you want them to think your brand is the life of the party, or the designated driver? It 'a trusted friend, or a charismatic rock star? Are you a Volvo or a Vette '?

So I repeat ... Who are you?

You may already know, and if this is the case, I congratulate you! Many small businesses struggle with this. If, however, you need a little help in defining themselves, here are some questions to ask yourself:

1. How am I currently perceived by my customers? If you do not know, do a quick focus group with a segment of your target market (10 - 20 people), customers and clients. Having a list of questions ready to ask.

2. How I want to be perceived by my customers? Realize that your brand needs to reflect and resonate with your target market. If you want to be a sports car, but the customer wants you to be a sedan, you should probably consider what the value of the customer unless you are trying to attract a different set of customers.

3. As part is how I want to be perceived as currently perceived? What does it take to fill the gap? I really need to bridge the gap, or should I improve my current image?

Once you have a general idea of ​​perception, time to make your personality more definitive. So, ask yourself these questions:

4. What are the human characteristics of my brand? As crazy as it may sound to you, many branding experts suggest you do this in order to put your logo on all levels in your organization can understand. Is your brand male, female? Old, young man? Rich, poor, middle class? Where does it work? What does it do for entertainment? These questions are just starting ... you can think of more yourself!

5. If my brand was a real person, what would be his name? Think about when you hear someone names "Biff", an immediate picture comes to mind. I bet I can think of a dozen examples of the genre! Choose a name that personifies your brand. Paris, Tom, Jane, Inga, Ian, Jeff, Elsa ...

6. What is my brand "life story?" Biff needs to know where it came from, so as to create a brief fictional biography of your humanized brand.

After completing this process, consider building a board of personality. This is very helpful in giving your brand a visual personification. Cut out pictures, stories, securities, or any other visual reference you think would work to define your personality. You might even find a picture of someone who is the image of your brand personality (your Biff) and place it in the middle. Show with pride, and make sure that employees know what is.

Now, when you create the advertising and marketing - from print ads to television and radio commercials, websites, packaging, and beyond - you know that they need to reflect personality. And you'll be on track to deliver a brand that customers can identify with .......

No comments:

Post a Comment